At Desert View Middle School we…
Desert View Middle School is a tuition-free public charter school, for 6th– 8th grade students. The highly successful blended learning model combines a personalized curriculum with state-of-the-art technology and high levels of support to give students an advantage and a voice as they prepare for college, career, and beyond.
Learning is a lifelong endeavor, and we believe students shouldn’t be constrained by the traditional classroom or school day. DVMS’s blended learning model (digital curriculum plus high quality, personalized instruction) gives every student an opportunity to create an education plan that fits his or her life – and our graduation rates clearly show that our model works.
Desert View Middle School tailors a high-quality education to a broad spectrum of students from all backgrounds and all abilities. While we recognize that the DVMS model is not for everyone, many students and their parents find Desert View Middle School is their best education solution.
- DVMS meets each student at their current level and then builds competency and confidence through high standards, hard work, and encouragement.
- Our students master material prior to moving on to the next level. Hence, they learn at a pace that’s specific to them, not the pace of an entire classroom.
- The DVMS education model challenges students to achieve by giving them the freedom to exceed expectations and gain confidence while taking control of their lives.
- Students who enjoy using new technology thrive in the blended learning model that highlights digital learning as a major part of the curriculum.
- Our students are not limited to a single grade level but are advanced content and grade levels as they successfully master each subject.
- DVMS is a small, safe, and overall great fit for home-schooled students ready for middle school.
- DVMS’s curriculum blends classroom instruction with digital coursework allowing for flexible scheduling. Simply put, it fits today’s busier schedules.
- Some students learn best in a smaller school where one-to-one attention is available to each and every student.
To learn more about what a DVMS education could mean to you, email or contact Desert View Middle School at 928-317-3113.